Come out to celebrate the neighbourhood! There will be free food, fun and games for all ages, live music, permaculture gardening workshops, build a cob chair, a road hockey tournament, and so much more. This is a family friendly alcohol-free event, so come out and meet your neighbours.
Last year, Social Planning Cowichan surveyed the Beverly Alexander neighbourhood about things that they would like to see happen in thier community. The most common answer was that people wanted to get to know thier neighbours. Because of the feedback, this event was built. Many have helped to plan this event to create a fun way for everyone to get to know each other.
Partners at Social Planning Cowichan, Warmland, Collective Space, Canadian Mental Health Association Cowichan Valley, the Cowichan Intercultural Society and Cowichan Housing Association have been colloborating with many others to organize this celebration of the neighbourhood. Along with many of the fun activities mentioned above, there will be a gardening workshop and a chance to make your mark on your community by creating a handprint mural.
Main Stage Schdeule from 4pm to 8pm!
– 4 :00: Opening Circle and Drumming by Robert George
– 4:30: Terry Wicks live looping instrumentals
– 5:00: MIKA drum and live electronic song creation with special guests
– 5:30: Storytelling and song by Cocokami Wing, local storyteller extraordinaire!
– 6:00: the Stay at Home Dads
– 6:30: Chemainus Community Band!
– 7:00: MATTERIC: Matthew Kinunen
– 7:30: the Stay at Home Dads
– 8:00: Closing circle and sound
Workshops and offerings starting at 4pm onwards:
– Clay chair and rocket stove building workshop with Pat Amos at Warmland Gardens
– Food Forest workshop at Warmland Gardens
– Social Permaculture Workshop on community connection!
– BikeWorks funky bicycle display and offering!
– Wind Chime and Tubular Bell making experience workshop
– Multiple art workshops, mural creations, for all ages!
– High-paced Floor Hockey Tournament!
– Free food by Warmland chefs and local farmers!
– Much more! Come and find out!
More activities and details will be added, so check back for more updates!