Cowichan Intercultural Society provides services and support to newcomers to Canada settling in the Cowichan Valley, and activities to create a more welcoming and inclusive community.
The Promotional Film Assistant will script, film, edit, & produce a short 3-7 minute film highlighting the services & programs of the Cowichan Intercultural Society (CIS). CIS has the necessary technology, including the camera, computers & editing software.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Read, research and assess ideas and finished script, create and brainstorm ideas for site layout and appearance
- Oversee the post-production process, including editing, special effects, music selection, and a performance’s overall tone
- Coordinate the activities of the production process
- Monitor post-production processes in order to ensure accurate completion of all details
- Plan meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have
- Creativity and vision, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking/innovation, communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, while being able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Current enrollment in a recognized University or College in film studies or related studies
- The opportunity is for young people aged who are full-time students intending to return to their studies and must be enrolled in post-secondary education for the next school year to meet the eligibility
This position is funded by Service Canada for a 9 weeks part-time position, working 32 hours weekly. The opportunity is for young people aged 18 to 30 who are full-time students intending to return to their studies and must be enrolled in post-secondary education for the next school year to meet the eligibility.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 pm Wednesday May 31st, 2017. Interested candidates please provide resume and cover letter in PDF format to: Carolina Martino, Director of Operations, at email@example.com