Immigrants and refugees need information and support to help settle as well as adjust to life in Canada. We know which questions you need to ask and we have the resources to get you started on the path to integration.
Our settlement workers can help you with a variety of settlement needs including:
· Finding a place to live
· Registering children in school
· Finding a family doctor
· Finding a job and assisting with foreign credential evaluation
· Understanding immigration procedures and forms
· Accessing government services and programs
· Connecting you with other local agencies
· Referral to English classes
· Assistance with banking and financial information
Accessing our services is easy – just ask the receptionist to make an appointment with a settlement worker. At this first meeting:
· Please bring you immigration documents so we can determine your eligibility for different programs.
· You will fill out a registration form, the settlement worker can answer specific questions and refer you to other CIS programs
In addition to one to one meetings, we also offer a variety of groups and specialized services:
· Monthly group for seniors
· Bi-weekly group for women
· A variety of programs for children and youth including a staff member who works in the schools helping newcomer students and their families adapt to Canadian education
· Workshops which assist in finding employment including FoodSafe, First Aid, WHMIS
· Citizenship classes, IELTS preparation classes
We look forward to meeting you!